Casual Shop Coordinators – work with us!
We’re looking for friendly, retail all-rounders to fill casual vacancies.
- You are a hard worker with the ability to multitask and work autonomously; taking initiative to solve problems when they arise.
- You will have strong retail customer service and cash handling experience (essential)
- A demonstrated passion for environment/sustainability or organic food and health.
- Experience working within a grocery, health food or produce store.
- Administration and volunteering experience are also an advantage but not essential
In return you will receive fair pay, employee discounts and be surrounded by a passionate and hard-working team.
Remuneration: Level 1 General Retail Award
The Shop Coordinator is accountable to the Co-op Managers. The position involves maintaining the day-to-day running of the shop, including shop presentation, display, sales, restocking, customer service, coordinating volunteers, general cooperative and administrative duties associated with this position in accordance with co-op policy and procedures.
It is essential that Shop Coordinators work cooperatively with all staff, MC and volunteers to achieve a consistently high standard of service to members and shop customers.
- Set up the shop for the day’s trading ensuring that all available products are on display, including refilling containers and produce.
- Ensure the shop is clean, tidy and clutter-free and that till float is correct.
- Constantly monitor presentation, quality of stock, stock levels in the shop and restock shop as and when required.
- Promptly serve customers. Be courteous and helpful, advising them, when necessary, of co-op procedures.
- Operate cash register ensuring breaks are taken in accordance with OH+S Policy.
- Put away excess cash from till into safe
- Keep shop, till area, sink area, storeroom and stock containers (bins, jars etc.) clean and tidy, taking special care of spillages or other floor debris.
- Keep storeroom as clean and organised as possible.
- As appropriate, encourage members to become volunteers.
- Accept membership applications, welcoming new members and ensuring that the applications are legibly and correctly completed and are stored appropriately.
- Update members and customers of the latest coop activities and workshops.
- Ensure that the co-op backyard is kept clean and tidy and that all rubbish is disposed of in accordance with co-op policy and procedures.
- Participate in the decision-making and organisation of the co-op, including attending monthly staff meetings and on occasion MC meetings as a staff delegate
- Ensure that OH+S regulations are always practised in the performance of the position’s duties and actively participate in the maintenance and improvement of OH+S procedures including risk assessment processes.
- Work cooperatively and harmoniously with other staff, volunteers and MC.
- Take responsibility for co-op infrastructure and general running and maintenance of co-op equipment in consultation with other staff on roster and in accordance with co-op procedures.
- Take responsibility for the passing of information relating to your shift to the next shop coordinator on the roster or to other pertinent staff.
- Perform end-of-day procedures (if last shift of the day) • Balance cash register• Secure the days takings in the safe • Secure float; Turn off equipment as required • Put away perishables • Sweep and mop shop • Clean work areas and storeroom including shelving and equipment • Lock the shop.
- Assisting the Stock Manager with receiving, checking, weighing (if required) and storing deliveries, matching the deliveries with produce ordered.
- Assisting with the monitoring and recording of stock loss.
- Ensuring that systems to reduce stock spoilage are maintained, paying special attention to storage of perishable items.
- Training and assisting volunteers, ensuring that WH+S policies and procedures are explained and maintained, assigning tasks appropriately
- Assisting with the maintenance of shop signage.
- Ensure that time sheets are completed and correct.
- Undertaking training, both as trainee and trainer, with Stock Coordinators, other staff and specialist trainers.
Send your CV and a one page cover letter expressing interest to [email protected]