Alfalfa House is a not for profit members co-operative, providing affordable, ethical and organic food in minimal packaging, based in Newtown, Sydney.
Retail Employee Award level 8: $966.50 pw
Start date 3rd June 2019.
We are looking for an experienced and professional stock manager to join our passionate team. The stock manager will be responsible for maintaining the supply and demand of fresh and non-perishable inventories, and ensuring that there are adequate stocks available. The stock manager will also be responsible for stock purchasing, delivery and shipping confirmations, and manage inventory balances. The stock manager will also personally inspect and confirm supply quality and delivery on receipt. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and interest in sustainable and organic farming practices and low waste products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain relations with fresh produce and grocery suppliers
- Negotiate supplier contracts and source product lines
- Monitor market changes, competitor prices and products
- Develop forecast demand plan by SKU
- Manage rolling category stocktaking to agreed timetable
- Organise and monitor inventory levels to maximise working capital efficiency
- Ensure supplied stock meets demand
- Prevent overstocking and ordering
- Manage twice-yearly category and range review processes
- Recommend clearance sales
- Create and maintain detailed inventory of all incoming, outgoing, and current supplies
- Enter shipping and inventory data in computer system
- Track and ensure deliveries are received
- Ensure all produce is weighed and stock received
- Make note of damaged inventory
- Manage stock storage room and safe work practices
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
- Develop and execute promotional plan in alignment with Marketing Co-ordinator
- Work together and engage with of a diverse range of staff and volunteers.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Two (2) years’ experience as stock controller, receiver, buyer or related position
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel); experience with retail POS systems
- Be a good leader, teacher and be patient and understanding of peoples capacities
- Have a good understanding of Alfalfa House values and ethics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work night, weekends, extended hours, and holidays if required
- Physically able to stand, sit, move, squat, walk, and climb during the course of the shift
- Physically able to lift boxes and equipment
- Accurate and precise, with outstanding attention to detail
- Able to analyse problems and strategise for better solutions
- Good interpersonal skills to work with management and staff at all levels.
Check out our volunteering page for other ways in which you can help support Alfalfa House while building valuable skills.