The recipe of the month is this quick and easy soba noodle made with silken tofu. It uses wholesome , unprocessed and natural ingredients . Alfalfa House stocks all these ingredients so give this recipe a try and let us know how you go. And if you’ve got a recipe to share, then let us know at the email below. [email protected]
Soba Noodles with Silken Tofu
Quick and easy vegetarian soba noodles made with silken tofu
- 200 g organic silken tofu cut into 2cm squares
- 70 g dry soba noodles
- 1/2 cob corn kernels cut off the cob
- 50 g onions finely chopped
- 20 g garlic chives cut into 3cm lengths
- 100 g green beans cut into 3cm lengths
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1.5 tbsp organic Tamari
- 1 tbsp organic oil (I use coconut oil as it’s stable when heated)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Marinate the tofu in 1/2 tbsp of the tamari and set aside for later.
- Bring some salted water to the boil to cook the soba noodles. When boiling, add noodles and cook until al dente. Drain and rinse well with cold water to remove all the sticky starch that makes the noodles clump together. Set aside.
- Sauté the onions in the desired oil until soft. I usually do this on very low with the lid on.
- Add the rest of the tamari and the green beans and cook for 5 mins with the lid on.
- Then add the corn. Add the soba noodles and toss through for a minute to reheat them.
- Remove from stove and add the garlic chives, you don’t want them to wilt too much.
- Gently pan fry the tofu pieces and add to the noodles.
- Serve and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Enjoy!