Winter Warmer : Kale & Cauliflower Soup Recipe
Stay warm over the remaining days of winter with a batch of delicious kale cauliflower soup. You can swap out the cauliflower for seasonal faves such as turnip or roasted parsnip. We have heaps of delicious root veggies in stock at Alfalfa House.
Try this soup with a slice of one of our delicious breads, toasted and smothered in our package-free butter.
Looking for some more winter recipe inspiration? Below are few more recipes using all the winter veg and warming spices that you may have missed on pour website
- Vegetarian Minestrone Soup recipe
- Spinach and Yellow Lentils (Dal) recipe
- Apple Cinnamon Steel cut Oats Porridge recipe
- Cauliflower Chickpea Tagine with Wholemeal Couscous recipe
And if you’ve got a recipe to share, then let us know at the email below.
Kale and Cauliflower Soup Recipe
Quick and easy warming & nourishing soup that is vegetarian. This soup uses vegetables available in winter season
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, + extra to serve
- 20 g butter optional
- 1 medium brown onion finely chopped
- 1 small leek finely chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves chopped
- 1 medium cauliflower head chopped(equivalent amount if using alternative root vegetables)
- 1.5 litres vegetable stock App. 6 cups
- 1 head kale leaves chopped
- Green veggies for decor e.g. snow peas/ beans, trimmed and cooked al dente)
- 20 g finely grated parmesan(optional) App. 1/4 cup
- Salt & black pepper to season
- Heat oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leek, onion, and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the stock and cauliflower. Cover and bring to boil then reduce to heat to low.Simmer for 15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Add kale and increase heat to high then reduce tolow for 15 minutes or until kale wilts. Remove from heat, season to taste.
- Stick blend until smooth. Drizzle over olive oil. Top with Parmesan and décor veggies.
It looks so delicious, I’ll try it too. Thank you for the recipe, I am sure it will taste very good.
Leave a Comment